Friday, June 22, 2007

Restaurant MeMe

Clemntine has tagged me to do a MEME! I'm so excited I feel like it's 5th grade again and I've been picked first on the kick ball team.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to name of person that tagged you.
2. Include state and country you live in.
3. List top 5 favorite local restaurants.
4. Tag 5 other people and let them know they’ve been tagged.

East Texas, USA

My main problem maybe tagging 5 people to do this MEME. I barely have 5 people that read this blog and most of them don't have a blog to Meme. So I'll do my best and will not disappoint!

1. Spring Creek BBQ- Yummy BBQ and great potato salad! I've got a good selection of BBQ restaurants in East Texas but so far this one is my favorite. They also really go out of their way in providing scholarships and work assistance programs for college kids. So they are just great all around for the community.

2. Daniel Boones- If I want homemade chicken fried steak as big as my plate this is where I go. They have a help yourself bean and chili bar and Blue Bell ice cream bar. Chicken fried steak and Blue Bell ice cream what more could a girl ask for?

3. Little Italy- They have great calamari and of course lasagna or fettuccini. It's a little hole in the wall place that's not much to look at from the outside, but the food makes up for it. It's ran by an Italian family, go figure! Of course since this is dry county they don't serve wine but you can certainly bring your own.

4. Vaughn's-When were feeling splurgy for seafood we head out north to Vaughn's. They have great all you can eat catfish but also have a wide variety of other fish. They serve up slaw and beans while you wait for your meal. The price is a little up there but it's worth it.

5. Texas Roadhouse- When I want my steak and peanuts too, I go to Texas Roadhouse. We always try to go on Tuesdays like every other family in East Texas does, since the kids eat free. Although it's always crowded the kid's are well entertained by the clown that comes around to each table as well as just snacking on peanuts, and watching the people. Their steaks and ribs just have the perfect flavor to me.

6. I know I only needed 5 but I couldn't deny a major staple in Texas -TEX MEX. Casa Ole. They have great fajitas and enchalida's and everything else. On Thursdays kids eat free. Yeah were cheap but it works for us. Some day these boys are going to be teenagers and I'm going to have to get a second job just to feed them. We love the food and the atmosphere is great, plus when we go it's usually not that crowded. This is usually a big plus for us.

Ok the tagging part. I'm going with my new blog friend Lawanda at mama4joy. She reads my blog and actually thinks it's funny which always wins brownie points with me.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and pick Plain Jane Mom and Jennifer at Playgroupsarenoplaceforchildren.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love to eat. This should be a good one!

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

I love Texas Road House! Casa Ole' sounds like my kind of place too!

I'm so glad you decided to play along, and yes, my restaurants are all in the Oklahoma City area. Come on up and see us sometime.

Anonymous said...

hahaha! I always knew I'd make a good brown-noser someday! ;)

I shall forthwith do this on my blog.... as soon as I can! :-D

Stats

Blog Archive