Friday, June 22, 2007

Confession Time

Bless me father for I have sinned....wait it's not that kind of confession. Well Im sure Ive sinned, but I'm thinking the good lord will let me slide on this one.
What I'm trying to say is I'm not what I appear to be.
Let me clarify. I may sound all funny and witty and maybe even a little outgoing on the blog, but really and truly I'm not funny at all in real life. In fact I'm far from funny. I'm the quiet shy girl at the party hovered in the corner curled up in fetal position rocking back forth repeating to myself, there's no place like home there's no place like home.
I'm not one to be a social butterfly by any means. Just ask my friends. If I were to meet any of my new blog buddies (I hope your my buddies) in person I would probably have a nervous break down and would need some Zanex or booze or Zanex and booze, to settle me down.
Now I know you guys are the sweetest nicest Internets in the whole entire world. Your the best, you really know how to make a gal feel special, but I feel much more confident behind the curtain so to speak. I just know ya'll would probably be so disappointed to actually meet me. I also should admit that it's not like ya'll are knocking on my door to meet me. Cause ya'll are polite like that, which I appreciate cause the house is a mess and I'd have to ask you to leave or something.
Anyways I just wanted to forewarn you that this is all a fa sad and I just act and blog this way cause I can and because I am a little neurotic, and crazy, and sometimes a girl just has to get her crazies out.
I love you guys and love your oh so sweet comments. Where else could a girl go to read such sweet nothings spoken about her?

3 comments:

Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

You'll get no grief from me. I'm actually much taller and thinner than I appear on my blog. :~D

I think the witty, conversational you is just as much you as the shy, retiring you is you. Now, the Zanax-and-booze you may be a little less you, just a guess, though. I could be wrong.

I would guess that most bloggers understand that the part or parts of a person's life and self that comes across the computer screen is just one facet of a many-sided jewel. Feel free on YOUR OWN BLOG to show us the facet you feel like showing. It's okay that it's not the only one.

By the way and for the record, I'm a stinkin' RIOT in person, so be warned... :~D.

Jennifer said...

I wonder if I am as witty and clever in real life. Probably not. I get the chance to edit and rewrite on a blog, in person you get the unedited version.

Great post.

Anonymous said...

Well, feel good admiration internet vibes from over here, because I am not witty or funny even on my blog! HA! So there! Now who needs the pills and booze? ;)

I bet you'd be fine with me in person, cuz I can talk ANYone's ear off, even if they are in the fetal position and mumbling over and over "there's no place like home" ;)

Stats

Blog Archive