Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Big Reveal

Remember the vague thing ? Sure you do. Well I'm finally able to come clean of my little secret. The gag order has been lifted.

My hubs..my awesome hubs has been offered a job in Big D, pretty much doing exactly what he does now but with an extra little bit more change in his pocket. This is of course a yippee kind of moment but with a little bitter sweetness to it.
The plan for now is, for me to stay here and keep working while hubs stays in Big D during the week. Most of the time he will be traveling during the week and wouldn't be home much in the beginning anyway.

Right now everything is so up in the air that were doing this on a day by day basis. We don't know how long he'll do the commute thing. He wants to get his feet wet so to speak. I can understand, it's a bit nerving to leave a job after 9 years where your an expert at what you do, where your highly valued and then just leave it all behind for something new.

Our company couldn't come close to a counter offer which is sad as they will always tell him he's a valuable employee at what he does. It really is going to sting them a bit when he leaves. No hard feelings.

So that's basically it. I know I probably built up the excitement way to much. I'll keep you updated.

Whew I feel so much better now.

3 comments:

Trey said...

Wow! That's really cool! I was going down a totally different path with this.

Krista said...

Wow, that's kinda crazy and exciting at the same time! How far are you from the big D right now (I really don't know Texas so just give me driving time)?
My dad did the weekly commute thing and it sucked, but he wasn't traveling either so maybe you are more used to him being gone anyway (passport issues I seem to be remembering... ;)
Anyway, good luck with all the changes!

Deb said...

That's one of the things that I was thinking - congrats to your hubby on the new job! And I hope that everything goes well with all of the changes to come. :)

Stats

Blog Archive