Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday 13-Hubby Edition



Tomorrow (technically Friday as I'm setting this post to Thursday) is hubs and I 10 year anniversary. I thought I'd tell you a bit more about my hubs. I'm sure he'll be thrilled...not really. Oh well.

1. Hubs and I met in Jr. college. There was a whole saga post you might remember.

2. He was in the Air Force as a meteorologist and when he got out he tried to get into OU's meteorology program and his experience in the Air Force would not count for any transferable credit and there fore he would have to start from scratch. Hence why he's bitter about OU. He did get some television journalism credits and did the weather for another college. He also worked for several T.V. stations storm chasing.

3. Hubs also went to barber school, he only lasted 6 months. His dad was trying to get him into the business. He does a mean buzz cut on the boys.

4. We work for the same company. He gets to work from home..slacker.

5. After giving up on school due to his frustration of starting over, he jumped around several jobs when we first married. Crazy young kids that we were. He was lucky to get an opportunity to assist an insurance adjuster with claims from the tornadoes of 99. He really liked the software he used to help the adjuster and made a call to their office in Boondocks Tx. He talked to a really nice guy who was interested in hiring him to teach the software and he's been doing it ever since.

6. This is probably more info than you ever wanted to know about hubs.

7. Hubs is a gamer. He's into those fantasy reality type games and is a "Guild Leader" in a very popular game. Basically he manages about 200plus other gamers to make money and stuff for their group. I'm really clueless, but I told him that his "gamer resume" would probably be very impressive. He's always been a role playing fantasy player.

8. He always goes out of his way to show appreciation to veterans. He's even bought random strangers their dinner at restaurants.

9. If someone in our family or friends of ours ever get taken advantage of, he's always more than happy to handle the situation. He especially will do whatever it takes for single women. He has no problems pretending to be their husband or boyfriend or whatever if that's what it takes to prevent them from being taken advantage of.

10. He's always dreaming of money making ideas. He hopes to one day set up an online classified/auction site for our area.

11. Hubs is a computer guru. He used to love to take them a part and put them back together. I couldn't tell you how many computer parts and pieces we have. To many!

12. He gets wild haired ideas in that he wants to take on some kind of project that he never finishes. His 1970 junker Cougar is in our garage in pieces. He may finish it when our youngest child has graduated college.

13. Last but not least, he is my hero, my best friend, and well of course I love him.

4 comments:

Lawanda said...

Awww! What a great post! I love your wedding photo!!

Happy Anniversary!!

MP said...

That is SO sweet...
LOVE LOVE the wedding picture.

Like your husband I am totally into storms and would LOVE to chase them. J always tells me in another life I should be a meteorologist..that sucks that his stuff didn't tranfer..just stupid.

Hubby is an Xbox freak :-)

Krista said...

Fun pictures!!!
My dad was a meteorologist, but in the Navy.
And my hubby is totally a fantasy role play gamer! Last summer he even created his own world and was the "DM" for all his friends. It was quite elaborate with quests and weird creatures and everything! They want to do it again this summer... which means I have a ton of guys in my house. Yay. And that means my toilet will be gross 'cuz they can't aim, grown men and they can't aim!!!

KC said...

awwwwwww.. what a sweet post.. you made a beautiful bride. Love the photos.

Stats

Blog Archive