Sunday, March 30, 2008

We Interrupt This Bloggy Break For A Special Announcement

You remember the passport fiasco just a few days ago? Well that Friday afternoon a truce was formed between hubs and I. He has decided to take it upon himself to do ALL of the laundry from here on out. At first I cringed a bit and then a malicious evil came over me and I told him to go for it.
Here's a few tidbits and a story you should know; Hubs has not done laundry in the almost ten years we have been married. Theres a good reason for this, because he's a little clueless and well his momma never made him lift a finger all while growing up. She had control issues..and I admit so do I. Anyways back to the story..
When hubs and I were either engaged or dating (same difference right?), I went with him to the laundromat to do his attempt at laundry. He decided to kill ten loads with one stone by shoving it all in the jumbo washer. I of course being the niave loving girlfriend thought he knew what he was doing. Then it all went out the window as he started putting in the soap. He started the first two or three scoops as I was walking out the door to get hangers out of the car. I came back and he was still putting in the soap. I still didn't say anything cause well I couldn't wait to see how this would end. I'm sure you can guess. He started that bad boy washer up and immediately the soap and water overflowed and soaped the floor and the surrounding area. It took all I had to control my laughter. Needless to say I pretty much started doing it for him. I know shame on me.
On weekends is when I try to catch up on the mountains of laundry from through out the week. As of today, there's still that first load from when I discovered the passport mishap in the dryer. Not a single load has been done since Friday. I'm trying very very hard to refrain. I'm sort of trying to make a point while also having some kind of hope that the laundry fairy will come through and there will be a plethera of clean laundry at my disposal every day.
I'm not sure how many more days I have of work clothes left and GB has his school uniforms that if nothing gets done soon he's gonna have to dig into the ones that are to small.
This shall fare into an interesting week. Yes he keeps saying "Here in just a few minutes Im going to get started on the laundry" He's been saying this since Friday. Where is my laundry fairy right now at 1:45pm? Sound asleep of course. I gotta go..the bear has risen from his slumber.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Well, good luck with getting him to do the laundry...
how come you have to get a new passport if it goes through the wash? isn't that why the pages are kind of plastiky like money?

Deb said...

Ooh good luck! Ron does his own laundry but nothing else unless it's suggested/nagged/threatened. Except when he does all of the laundry in the house at once, of course. ;)

Stats

Blog Archive