Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The haiku gods must have heard my pleas.

I wrote that Friday haiku asking about autumn and if it would arrive soon. Sure enough it's arrived out of nowhere. Stick around and it will be 80 again by next week.

This morning I had to break into the winter clothes, frantically trying to grab something that will fit child 1, 2, and 3, including the extra challenge of finding something red ribbon themed related. Not that boys really care about stuff like that, but it's one of my anal tendencies. The day I decide not to dress them up "red ribbon week theme" related someones feelings would be hurt and I can't endure that guilt.
I usually set a whole weekend to reorganizing the boys rooms including going through every bag of clothing to see what will fit and what will not. I haven't done that yet. I've been really lazy here lately. Fall definitely kicked me in the butt and is telling me to get moving.
Last night it was almost frigid at a mere 50 degrees. That's cold for Texas. Hubs encouraged the boys to go outside and play, cause we enjoy our children to come down with a case of pneumonia. These crazy boys of mine came back inside the house after playing for a good 30 minutes with NO SHIRT on! I think the sudden chill in the air has completely fogged their mind. They have never once taken their shirts off on their on free will in even 100 degree weather much less 50!

Needless to say being the mom that I am, I had to sternly ask WTF? but you know, not quite that stern. Gameboy was really hurt that I would be so upset at them for taking off their shirts outside in blustery 50 degree weather. Uhm excuse me, but I don't have any more sick time to take off when you get pneumonia.

Welcome fall! Don't forget about Shannon's Fall Ya'll Bloggy Giveaway extravaganza. She really knows how to quench every giveaway addicts thirst for a giveaway.

1 comment:

WendyDarling said...

I know what you mean. We are in East Texas as well, and the nephew still wore shorts this morning, even after I told him 4 times to put on long pants and grab a jacket. Boys... :-)

Stats

Blog Archive