Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sometimes my children really are pretty smart.

Conversation on the way home.
Wonderboy asked me "what I did at work today" I simply said the same old stuff I do everyday.
Gameboy: "Mom do you like your job?"
Me: "Uhm well it's a job and the bills have to be paid and food on the table, so I like it enough to take care of you guys."
Gameboy: "Well why do you do that job then?"
Me: "Because Daddy made me."
Gameboy: "Mom your the boss of you and no one should make you do anything."

Maybe I'm doing something right on this whole parenting thing. I followed this conversation by instilling in him to do a job that you love and are passionate about. Do whatever it takes to obtain that passion and don't do anything you don't want to, just because you feel you have to work related of course.
The hubs didn't force me to take this specific job. It just happened to be a job opening where he works, and something that didn't require any kind of background schooling or specialty to have. Luckily I've been around this job 5 years, that now I have some tenure on my belt compared to most of the office. I really work with a pretty good group and honestly should thank my lucky stars to work where I work.

No comments:

Stats

Blog Archive