Saturday, August 18, 2007

The things a wife will do for her husband...

I love my husband dearly and would drive from one end of the earth to the other and back to retrieve him whatever in the world he would need on that side of the earth. Which is pretty much what I did today.
Last night I got all the FF gear ready for the draft, a die hard player has print out rosters of each position, a black sharpie, a highlighter, and a route 44 Dr. Pepper to keep up their strength. I also charged the cell phone the night before since I would need it to relay picks for hubs and it would take a good hour.
I loaded up my gear this morning and headed out on my journey. I had a bit of extra time and pulled into Sonic for my route 44 and decided to call the hubs, yet there was a slight problem..phone was dead as a door nail. Crap why you no charge phone? This was going to be a problem cause I knew the hubs would rather die a fiery death than me just do his picks for him. Since I had the laptop, which handily has a Verizon card; because you never know when you could have an Internet emergency. So I tried logging on..no go..can't get a connection.
Remember I told you I would be in small town Texas? Yeah they don't quite get good Internet reception down there. Sadly their all on dial up over there..bless their small town hearts. Now what was I going to do? I literally cannot contact my hubs unless gasp, I use a pay phone. Unfortunately they don't really have a pay phone in the fire house, and the fire dudes probably wouldn't be up for me borrowing the house phone. There was only one thing I could do, drive back home between drafts and get the hubs cell phone. It's a good 35-40 minute drive from small town Texas to Medium town Texas. Mom's taxi would have to fly like the wind, or at least what I consider flying by going 5 miles over the speed limit. I'm all about safety first.

I get home grab the hubs cell phone and literally turn right back around and fly back. Yeah I was a good 15 minutes late, but the guys were kind enough to go ahead and pick and so as I literally sat down and turned on the phone, hubs pick was up. It's as if I hadn't been gone at all. Then I collapsed to the floor as if I had just ran a marathon. I must really love that man to fly like the wind, run a marathon, and then draft for him all within an hour and a half.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, what a sweet wifey! What a lucky man!

Stats

Blog Archive