Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ahh life is good

I'm taking a mini strike tonight from dishes, laundry and everything else. I'm on strike well just because I wanna be. Good enough reason for me.

I got the laptop nice and warm here on my lap, while the AC blows endlessly. The hubs is zonked in the recliner with a sinus something or other. This means I have the power in my hands-Remote control power that is. I get a little giddy when I have this kind of control. Of course as always with my luck. there's nothing on T.V. but life is good.

A glass of milk and oreos rest precariously between me and the couch. A doggy at my feet, sleeping boys nestled in their beds. Life is good.

Another great contest prize won, a Haiku book. It should be really neat. I really have no clue how this happens for me on the winning thing. I know most all of the giveaway hosts uses random.com (and no bribery on the side I promise). It just blows me away! Life is good. I hope they don't start banning me from entering. :)

A three day weekend approaches. Life is good.

A wine tasting party for a friend's birthday to look forward to. Life is good.

My culinary crush (Alton) is on the T.V. crooning to me about souffle's. He's so darn smart. He could whip me up a souffle any day. Life is good.

Yeah tonight was a very good night to go on strike. Life is really good.

3 comments:

Kim Moldofsky said...

You won my contest, too--the Lands' End Ergo Jr. backpack, plus a new Spatulatta Cookbook and other goodies!

I used the less techy "write each name on a slip of paper, mix the papers up and choose a winner" method, though.

I sent you an e-mail but maybe you didn't get it?

Please contact me ASAP with your mailing address!

Kim
http://www.hormonecoloreddays.blogspot.com

Lawanda said...

Yes! Life is good!! Glad you had such a great evening!

Jennifer aka Binky Bitch said...

I'm jealous of all of it! The snoozing husband, the wine tasting party, the Alton filled evening, the haiku book!!!

Good for you!

Stats

Blog Archive