Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mutters Day


I woke up this morning to the door barging open and slobbery wet kisses with bouncing and jumping all over my bed. No it wasn't my beautiful children waking me up to a wonderful Mother's day with breakfast in bed, it was the puppy trying to get me up to take him out.
I did finally decide to stumble out of bed despite my loving husbands urges to stay and rest, I just couldn't remain any longer. I was greeted by a half awake greeting of "Happy Mother's day mom, you can look in my backpack for my present." my son so lovingly stated. "Thanks son, but if you don't have the energy to actually bring it to me yourself, then don't bother." I didn't quite say it that harshly but he didn't seem in any hurry to get it to me. As I sauntered on down the stairs with small hopes of Christmas morning that maybe I'd won a fabulous prize from 5minutesformom. I found my kitchen floor scattered in trash. The beasty puppy had gotten into the trash. Atleast the Bossyboy hadn't made it to the kitchen to get his morning dose of cheerios which are normally scattered on the floor along with the trash. The joys of motherhood.
Then my precious 2 year old non chalantly said "Happy Mutters Day Mom". So my heart of stone crumbled into warm gooieness and this mother's day hasn't started off as bad as it could be. I'm greatful for my boys and their health when there are so many mom's out there that probably had to wake this morning in a uncomfy hospital room with very little sleep and have been vigilant in hopes their baby will be well and home soon. Then theres other mom's out there who have woken up this morning to an emptiness due to the loss of a child in someway or another. I pray for these mothers on this day and every day may God give them the strength to make it through one more day and that they have not been forgotten on this day.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I know what you mean! I got a less than heart-felt happy mother's day...but it was little stuff throughout the day that made it worthwhile! Hope you got pampered a little !

Stats

Blog Archive