Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Moment You've All Been Waiting For....

The grand finale of birthdays, at least until June. I'm betting you guys are as glad this is over as I am.

I would say that I'll try to make it as painless as possible but that probably wouldn't be true. Just repeat in your head; This is the last birthday posting until June. This is the last birthday posting until June....

We can't have a Star Wars party with out the Star Wars Galaxy. Since we haven't quite figured out space travel at the speed of light, we bring the Galaxy to the kitchen.

I got them on E-bay, in case you were concerned for my children's dietary habits. We only eat at Mickey Dees every other day. :)

Simple, yet does the job.



I'm going to be honest about the cake, this was an after we dug in shot. The icing was like mud and the figures were slippin and sliding everywhere, it was like Mud Wrestling Star Wars Mania '09. I actually thought it was oddly funny. Gameboy wasn't amused, though it wasn't his birthday so what do I care? :)

I took more pics of the guests of honor than my kids. Fresh meat I guess.
This is Big C trying to free princess Leia from her capture by Darth Vader.


This is Lil C and Bossyboy. They played really well together except those few times when they admitted they didn't want to play with each other. It was nice for BossyBoy to play with someone near his age for a change.


Lil C was so cute trying to bust this balloon it was hilarious. I had very little time to take a bunch of pics as camera battery power was not on my side.

Lego Bingo anyone? I deemed Wonder Boy the Bingo caller, as I knew he would know what the names of the ships and characters were better than I would. He loved it.

I love Lil C's expression. I'm guessing he was helping to blow.

The boys had a blast and though I was concerned that 3 games would not be enough, it was plenty and the boys easily entertained one another on their own. I was just thrilled to have S and her boys down for a nice visit. I know S enough to know that I can relax in my house and have an overloaded sink full of dishes and she not care or think she has to do them, as my mother or MIL would.

Wonderboy is a natural entertainer and has a flair for the dramatic. As S and her boys were leaving, Wonderboy put his hands on Lil C, looked him straight in the eye as if he was having a serious conversation with him and said; " I want you to know something very very important. This is very important." (pause for dramatic effect and a throat clearing) "May the force be with you!"
He had S and I rolling with laughter. He actually dragged it out longer and probably said other things as well but you get the gist. It's probably one of those things you had to be there for. He was very serious about it and poor Lil C probably had no clue what he was talking about.

After it was all said and done, I was completely exhausted. I think all the energy of entertaining, preparing, cleaning from all of the activities for the whole month came at me all at once and after straightening up the house yesterday, I had a major power nap the rest of the day. Thank goodness it's only one birthday in June and then were home free the rest of the year.

5 comments:

The Mom said...

You are an awesome mom! All that decorating totally rocks. Your boys are going to remember these forever!

Amy W said...

Hi Jean! I was just stopping by to say thank you for entering the Great Cakes Soapworks giveaway at Fiddledeedee. Comments close in less than an hour....best wishes to you!!

I just have to say what a fun birthday party!! I can't plan far enough in advance to buy decorations on ebay - that's really cool!

Jen E @ mommablogsalot said...

That cake looked too cool and it looks like they had a blast! And you must be so happy for the break from birthdays for awhile! Great job mom!

shayla said...

Aww man! Once again, I can't see the pics! Too bad.

Laurie said...

You did such a good job! :) If you ever need Star Wars figurines, let me know. My "child" has a few thousand. No, I'm not kidding. I should have offered before. What was I thinking?

Stats

Blog Archive