Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Hunt Is On




This morning I got up extra early to get the kids and the hubs up, to drag them to the town Easter egg hunt. I assumed that it would be held in a fairly large location with plentiful parking. I assumed wrong. We pulled in and the parking itself was just beyond crazy not to mention the hordes of people that were there, all this for a smallish town Easter egg hunt.
The hubs and I are not crowd and crazy parking people, so we turned around in the middle of the road and headed to McD's for breakfast cause that's how we roll.
Luckily the boys were not disappointed with the help of incentive.

I was telling the hubs that what would be really cool is if each home addition had their own egg hunt; that way we could literally just walk to it and it would be far less crowded. The magical homeowners association angels must have heard my plea because as we were pulling into the neighborhood, I noticed a sign for an egg hunt in the neighborhood park for this afternoon.
Score!
Like most hunts, they were divided by age group, like always, I was split in 3 different directions. They always seem to split it just perfect that way.

Yes, we used a redneck Easter basket, simply because I figured there would be more room for when I eventually put all the eggs in one bag. You'd think I was a pro at this or something.


This kid found both of the "prize" eggs in his age group. Lucky duck!


These kids made a killing on eggs, now I don't have to get any eggs or candy for the school Easter egg hunt. Did I mention I was cheap?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun. I took Gracie to an egg hunt and it was awful. They did not have seperate age groups or enough eggs. My little girl did not get even one single egg. I had to go to the store and buy eggs and junk to stuff them with so that we could have our own egg hunt at home.

Laura

Jen E @ mommablogsalot said...

That looks like so much fun and how perfect that you didn't have to deal with that huge crowded one - great pictures, too!

Laurie said...

What's with Easter Egg hunts being almost two weeks before actual Easter?! I was going to tell you about the huge one that Frisco does, but it looks like it was on the 1st? WTF

Stats

Blog Archive