Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Trying To Muster Up Some Productivity

I really don't know whats wrong with me.
I just cannot get the energy to do anything today, yesterday, all last week done.
I'd just rather stuff my face with carbs and trans fats and then sleep it off. I wish I had some really good excuse to blame this on something. A bad sleep schedule maybe? I would never blame this lack of energy on the book. You know the one.

At least I can say I did finish that last pesky wall yesterday and GB's room is back to semi normal. I didn't have the energy to put his toys and books neatly back together. He can finally sleep in his bed and get access to his underwear and sock drawer which is always good. Not saying he went without underwear and socks this whole time, I'm just sayin. I've been doing good just getting that viable part of the laundry done and then piled sky high in the basket. Who needs to put clothes away when their just going to be worn and washed again anyway?

The wall is by no means perfect. Lets just say it has character and if hubs wants to fix it, he can have it. I'm thinking thats not going to happen since he doesn't have to look at it. I feel bad that GB doesn't really have a set decor. Blue walls, Spider man sheets and mis-matched furniture are about it. This really doesn't seem to bother him whatsoever.

I'm totally rambling at this point and have nothing interesting, much less coherent to say. Something tells me that my to do list will not get done today. Just writing down the to do list counts as productive at this point...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think girls care way more about decor than boys do - I'm sure he won't care at all. :) Glad it's finally done?

Heidi said...

Girls do care way more. My daughter's room is all tricked out with painted walls & matching everything. My son's is a hodge-podge of cowboy stuff and his blanket is spiderman. They don't care. And I think your motivation ran off with mine. If you see them, send mine home.

Anonymous said...

LOL I laughed so hard at this....I love that sort of surprise at doing the right thing...surprising yourself at something your "former" self did well. I never thought to articulate it. Funny.

Anonymous said...

Um...think I entered on the wrong day- sorry!

Stats

Blog Archive