Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday Meme-Christmas Version

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I usually do both. Wrapping paper primarily for the boys gifts. I like to buy a roll for each kid. I also never put their names on the gift just numbers 1,2, AND 3. This way their not snooping to see who got what and how many. I don't tell them their number until Christmas morning. The assigned number changes every year. If my mom would have done this when I was a kid it would have driven me crazy as I was a peeker.


2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I actually kind of got on my soap box about this at Daily Mish Mash. My boys really don't give a riff if the tree is real or fake. I just can't see spending mucho dinero for a dead or almost dead tree that I'm going to throw away. Plus I really do feel guilty chopping down a tree just so I can decorate it. My $40 fake tree works perfectly fine for us.

3. When do you put up the tree? I normally do it the first or second week of Dec. I got it up last week.


5. Do you like eggnog? Love it

6. Favorite gift received as a child? There was the Cabbage Patch dolls and my 10 speed bike that really stand out. Christmas' after that it was my mission to snoop and find all my presents before wrapped. I don't know what my problem is. I think I just don't like surprises and have to know. The funny thing is my parents have gotten some kind of gift for us that my dad brought up at Thanksgiving. He was actually going to give us our gift on Thanksgiving, which my mother clearly vetoed. It's driving me batso crazy. What in the world would my parents have gotten us that my father could not wait until Christmas for?

7. Hardest person to buy for? Isn't it always the man? He pretty much buys whatever it is he wants on a regular day. He would deny this, but when he wants something he some how convinces me he needs it right then and gets it.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids they are pretty happy to get just about anything.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a small one that a elderly lady I worked for at the college library gave me. I love it.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? E-mail seems so impersonal besides half my family doesn't use the Internet anyway.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of anything right off hand.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I have to go with The Christmas Story and Polar Express. The older boys are at the point where they can't stand Polar Express anymore because they watch it so much either at school or various other places. I love it and it's absolutely my most fave new Christmas movie.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I've gotten a whopping 2 or 3 items so far. Hubs is scroogey and likes to wait til almost the last minute. Plus it's hard for the two of us to shop alone as we don't have a babysitter. When we do have the opportunity he doesn't want to do it. Once he gets in the mood there's no stopping him and he's throwing everything in the cart. My MIL and I also have a tradition of going shopping when she comes down the week before Christmas. I hate waiting til the last minute but it's pretty much out of my hands.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I believe I have.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? What's not to like to eat at Christmas? I'm not picky...sorta but not really, when it's me planning the menu and cooking.

16. Lights on the tree? Who doesn't do lights on the tree? I do a red and a white set on the tree. I like to think of my tree as my Sooner tree. Since it's mostly red and white ornaments. I'm weird like that.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy by Josh Groban is one of my faves. I also like Do You Hear What I Hear? My newest fave is 12 Days of Christmas sung by Straight No Chaser. If you haven't heard them, you must go right now and hear their version. I love it!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? The family comes to us at Christmas. It's really nice and we don't feel rushed or over stretched. This works out well since we have such a small family.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Of course I can.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? My MIL bought us an angel topper a few years ago when we didn't have a tree much less decorations. It was Christmas eve and we bought out pretty much all the ornaments they had left at Wally World. The only angel tree topper they had was a Native American Indian looking angel. She's very beautiful but unfortunately she's very top heavy and doesn't stay on. She sits nicely in the rocking chair near the tree. So no topper on our tree.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I usually let the boys open one gift on Christmas eve. Usually it's clothes/socks/underwear/pajamas. I figure if they can't wait until Christmas day then they can at least open one of the gifts they'd be less excited about. The looks on their faces is always less than impressed. :) I'm so evil.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I think everyone would say the traffic and shopping crowds.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My main theme is home made. Most of the ornaments on my tree I have made, the kids made, or was given to me. Stay tuned some time next week for Boo Mama's Christmas Tour of Homes post. BooMamaChristmasTour

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I always make my cola ham. It's always a crowd pleaser and so deliciously moist and easy to do.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would like a bread machine and a solution to the economy crises would be nice too. :)

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Whoever feels like it.

No comments:

Stats

Blog Archive