Friday, November 21, 2008

Come On Down!

I used to be a game show junkie. I blame it on my father.
My dad had the option for early retirement back when I was still in middle school. It worked out pretty well for my family. Dad would be home for me and my sister after school and even attempt to cook us dinner. He also was the care giver when I was sick and had to stay home from school.
I always looked forward to those days when I was out of school so that I could watch Price is Right with dad.
We would play every game just as if we were contestants, starting from the opening bid. We would always root for the person who was from our state or had the same name. Dad's favorite game on Price is Right is the little guy that goes up the mountain to show you how far off you are on your bid for an item. If you go over to much, then the yodeler goes over the mountain to fall to his death. Dad would get almost a little to into it and yell at the bidder that he bid to high.
We would then anxiously await the show case showdown and see who would come closest in their bid.
I always dreamed dad would some day, would go to California and play the Price is Right. I would even ask him why he(we) wouldn't go and he would always say, I have no desire to go to California. Then I would think that I should go for dad. That never happened either.
I haven't watched the Price is Right in ages. I just don't think I could get as much into it with Drew Carey hosting. As much as I like Drew, he's no Bob. Then there's good old Rod Roddy, "Come on Down" just doesn't sound the same with out him.

This post was brought to us by Parent Bloggers Network and OllieBollen.Com
You guys might also want to check out the Armchair Super Shopper Sweep that OlllieBollen is doing on their site-
Each day, from November 28 through December 1, Oliebollen.com will hide 5 totally FREE items around their site. Find them and scoop them up along with at least one other paid item, and those freebies will be yours (while supplies last). Surprise door-buster deals will be sprinkled here and there to add to the fun!


They have some really cute and affordable kids stuff and who doesn't like free stuff and a shopping challenge?

1 comment:

Just me said...

Your post made me laugh:) I remember watching Price is Right with my Gram. We used to watch it every day when I was a little girl. I know... It's just not the same now.

Stats

Blog Archive