Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Cant Contain Myself Any Longer.

I've kept fairly quiet about a certain little event happening this Sunday. I didn't want to burden you all with my adolescent excitement..but I cannot contain myself any longer.

I'm going to the NKOTB concert! (insert adolescent squeal here) I've had tickets for what seems like eons. It's my little belated birthday present for myself.

I apologize that you have to subject yourself to my behavior. Well, you don't have to, but you like me enough to revel in my excitement with me, even if it is for NKOTB. At least I hope you like me enough to.

I have listened to their new CD a gazillion times. Is it bad when the 4 year old is randomly singing Summertime when playing or when getting in the car, the boys instantly ask for a specific track be played? I didn't think so. Hubs states that I have brainwashed them. WonderBoy even asked if he could go to the concert with me. He has studied the CD cover and wants to be Jordan. I'll have to fix that obsession, as he should want to be Donnie or Joey.

I have a slight concern though. My concert partner in crime has my ticket..she better not have scalped it. I know she hasn't, but still one worries about these things. We haven't set a plan yet on when and where to meet and all that good stuff. She's an old work buddy of mine. Would you believe the second I finished this paragraph she called! Now that's what I call channeling a fellow NKOTB sister.

Now I'm beyond excited! We talked a good while and now I can't sleep. I probably won't give you a run down of event by event action, but there will be some fodder to post I'm sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just as excited. My mom found and then mailed me my old NKOTB buttons. Saturday is the big concert day for me. We are going in a minivan! How many minivans do you think will be there? Most of us from junior high are moms now!

Laura

Anonymous said...

I'm very excited for you, I was a big fan growing up. Although to be honest, while Donnie was my favorite way back when I think Jordan is the way to go now, he really grew into his own yummy in a way that, I personally, don't think the others did.

Heidi said...

Oh oh oh oh... Hangin Tough!

Stats

Blog Archive