Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's 11PM Do You Know Where Your Mom Blogger Is?

Thanks everyone for the concern on the cake. Since guilt and that nomination for mother of the year haunts my sleep at night, I felt it necessary to make an emergency trip to the grocery store at 11pm at night.

Normally I enjoy these late night trips of traipsing down the aisles, just not on a weeknight when sleeping beauty needs her sleep.

Have you ever tried to find a birthday cake for a 4 year old boy at 1130 at night? It's not as easy as one might think. I scoured the whole bakery looking for a boyish cake. I took out just about every single cake in their refrigerators and came to a couple of conclusions:
1. Girls must dominate the earth or alteast East Texas. Just about every cake was cutesie, floweryish or a combination of both. If I found one that was blue in icing color it was plain with flowers. Not quite what I'm looking for.

2. Don't have a baby in early June when it's graduation season. Every other cake that was not a girlie cake was a graduation cake that of course had to be in every school color of every local high school in the East Texas area. That's a lot of graduation cakes folks.

I did finally strike gold and found the only boy cake in the lot. A 4wheeler on a grassy icing path. A typical East Texas kind of cake. At least it went along with the "cars" theme in weird kind of way.

More on the birthday boy later...I know your ecstatic.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I think you totally win "Mom of the Year" awards for making an awesome cake & then for working so darn hard to get another one.

Stats

Blog Archive