Sunday, May 4, 2008

So I'm Just Hangin Out Here At Work

Because every Sunday morning should involve getting up early and going to work.
Since I'm the new kid on the job, I get to work the weekends at least for a short time. I won't complain, but I'm a bit grumpy that I have to work all day next Sunday(mother's day).
Anyways there's a point to this post..not really but I'm pretending there is.
We're a funny bunch here at the office. Maybe not as well scripted as "THE OFFICE", but we're still funny.
T(former supervisor dude) dubbed a nickname for me of Poison for my rapping gangster ways. Well it was mainly due from me telling him the story of my very first concert which was Bel Biv Devoe. T found this hilarious and therefor named me Poison from the song.
Another co-worker of mine wanted to know the story behind the nickname and it's one of those things where you have to be there to fully appreciate it and not to mention just rehashing a story that he would probably not find as humorous as T. He then decided that he also wanted to give me a nickname. Somehow Jelly was mentioned. I have no idea really. I couldn't try to explain if I tried. It involved singing. So he dubbed me Jelly.
Since I'm loyal, I couldn't just give up the name Poison and be renamed Jelly. I couldn't really do the whole Prince thing and call myself the blogger/co-worker formerly named Poison now named Jelly. Just doesn't have the same ring to it.
So I sent a message to T(I'll have to think of a crazy nick name for him) telling him just call me PJ.
His curiosity got the best of him and he demanded to know. Since I didn't explain to the other co-worker what Poison stood for, I felt it only fair that T didn't know what J stood for. I told him something comical and witty and now I cant think of what I said. Sheesh. The name stuck and for a few months now anytime T addresses me it's; Hey wassup PJ, you busy, cause I got a special project for you? How's my homegirl doin..or something like that. Were tight like that.
All of this to say T now you know the rest of the story.
Good Day.

Aren't you glad you came to visit today?

No comments:

Stats

Blog Archive