Here's 13 things that I've learned/experienced for the first week on the new job. I will then get off this new job train and stop talking about it, unless I find some kind of rant at some point in the future.
1. Things are a bit more "lax" to a degree than the old job.
2. Co-workers tend to think I got a promotion and constantly congrating me. Which is nice.
3. There is always "something" to do. The other job, if the phone wasn't ringing there was some "down" time.
4. Number 3 leads to less blog reading time.
5. There is stress to a degree, but so far it's been ok. I'm sure it's the newness.
6. Some things never change, like complaining people. If it's not broken software to complain about then it is, "you charge to much"...or today's was, "your cheating us by charging to much tax". Sorry sir but you'll have to take that up with your state of residence.
7. Incentives are a good thing.
8. I think my peeps in the other department miss me. They've been busy little bees down there.
9. I really ehjoy being around my new co-workers. They are some crazy funny ladies.
10. I'm in a deparment dominantly of women. Though another co-worker from the old department will break up our girl party in a couple of weeks.
11. I've had to change up the taxi route in the evenings. 15 minutes later than my old time makes a big difference. Aren't you glad you read the post today to get that vital piece of information?
12. I have been dreaming about registration renewal codes at night. Brain exploding anyone?
13. I think once a routine is done and I actually have a better grasp of what I'm doing. I think I'm going to really like it.