Instead of giving a long drawn out post on my office Christmas party, I thought I'd break it up as a Thursday 13.
1. The Christmas music playing when we first arrived was already lame and annoying. I was thinking I was going to be ready to leave by 9 if this kept up.
2. The wine and beer it was a flowing
3. I love Mexican food as much as the next gal, but not when it's catered twice two days in a row for an office luncheon and then again for the party dinner. Bonus that the food was really bland and cold for party night.
4. Hubs had to stay home with the boys as the babysitter baled on us. He insisted that I was required by HR to go, even though his boss would be there from out of town and mine would not. There for I was to make a fool of myself in front of his boss.
5. Some people should really really not wear short little black dresses to a casual dress Christmas party. No matter how good you look in it, we could still just about see Uranus.
6. I am the giveaway queen as you probably know. I was the first name drawn for the giveaways that night. The people drawing my name were good friends of mine and one of them insisted they put my name back as it would look suspicious. They didn't, but it was still quite hilarious.
7. I won a foot pedicure kit, very similar to the one I won for the Fall Ya'll Bloggy Giveaways. It truly is some kind of blessing I have with winning.
8. The music improved and the white girl can't dance ensued.
9. No Karaoke was involved whatsoever at this party. That was probably a very very good thing.
10 It was a casino themed party, I gave my chip to cash in for someone else to play for me. The prizes to cash in for were not anything I was dying to have.
11. I could definitely tell it was a much leaner on the budget type party than party's in the past.
12. The reason it was imperative I attend this party was that I got my 5 year service award. A small amount of cashola was involved. Hubs said I could cash it and spend it on whatever I wanted. Something that will be very hard for me to do as I can think of a hundred things the kids need.
13. Overall I had a good time despite my shallow complaints. I really was hoping hubs and I both could have gone as we never get to dress up and go out. I looked pretty hot that night if I do say so myself. ;)