Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Few Observations On The Past Week

First and for most I totally needed this week off of just attending to and enjoying my family. Normally I only take a few days off and not a full week, so this has been a treat. I'm sorta kinda ready to go back to work, yet at the same time I'm having a two year old temper tantrum screaming, I don't want to go back. I do however get New Years day off so technically I go back for a day and then get a day off. I think I can handle that.

Secondly no matter how extravagant or the amount of presents my children get; they still are somewhat disappointed that they didn't get EVERYTHING they asked for. Sheesh! On the other hand the totally random spur of the moment gift is always the big hit. No matter the grueling obstacles I went to get the coveted GH for Wii and the requested other video games. The big hit of the season was the Star Wars little figures from Kohls. Go figure.

Third, no matter how many times I tell my MIL that we will have a plethora of sides and desserts for Christmas dinner, she is still going to insist that we cook stuffing from the box, brownies and a cake, pies and a salad. Gotta have a salad or the chi of the earth will be off balance. She still hasn't understood that C. is not a side person and he is not a dessert person. The people who will be eating said pies and salad will be me and her.


Fourth and last, I need to come to the realization that just because I can take my mini sewing machine out of the box and read the manual and get it all set up, does not make me a sewer whatsoever. Did I mention Santa got me a sewing machine for Christmas? He knew just what I wanted. To bad it didn't come with lessons.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Congrats on the guitar hero thang! ;) Isn't it just totally addicting? :) I've only had the chance to play it once, but it was fun (and yes, I TOTALLY enjoyed showing up my husband who is usually the king of anything gaming related). That and that Dance game are about the only thing I get into. Something about music! Love it!
Also... you can get lessons for sewing. It's really fun! My suggestion about the bottom thread bunching up is to check your tension. And although you said you'd rethreaded it, did you rethread the actual bottom bobbin? I had that problem once...
That's all I've got.
Happy New Year!

Stats

Blog Archive