Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sick

I have scathed by for a good 9 months with no child getting sick. I haven't gotten that dreaded phone call in the middle of the day to come get one kid or the other. I can't believe I've made it this far. Of course I knew I was over due.
The boys have been coughing here and there lately and Bossyboy was beyond fussy yesterday at the grocery store. He hadn't had a tantrum like that in agesweeks. Believe me when I say it was not a pretty site for mom and kid. Have you ever tried to steer your cumbersome cart of groceries down a sloping parking lot, while wrangling a 3 year old in your arms who is thrashing and screaming that he wants inside the cart with the overflowing groceries, and that the seat up front is not acceptable? Fun times!
He was again the same way this morning going to day care. I hadn't had to play the Santa card on him yet, well cause he still doesn't really have a clue who Santa really is, but I did this morning and he gets that toys are involved and if your bad, as Gameboy put it, "you get rocks". That was enough for him.
We go to pick him up this evening and hubs stated that they said he has a fever. I was surprised they hadn't called. So looks like Bossy will be staying home with daddy tomorrow, as I'm saving up time off for Christmas.
You would think a "seasoned" mom as myself would have gotten a clue. Chalk up another nomination for mom of the year.

No comments:

Stats

Blog Archive