Monday, September 17, 2007

All He Has To Do Is Dream

The blog well has been running a little dry lately. I've literally sat here for the past couple of days with a blank canvas and nothing to paint. I non chalantly glanced over at the hubs and he knew that I was pressed for blog fodder. He told me to blog about a weird dream I've had. Instead I choose to tell you about Wonderboys supposed dreams.

Wonderboy has dreams that I assume he just makes up or wishes that he had dreamed up. His dreams usually always consist of some kind of cartoon character or his favorite T.V. show. The first thing he says to me every morning is "Guess what mom?" "I had a dream!"

Wonderboy told me about his "dream" earlier this evening, which I can only conclude is a dream he would like to dream. Here's the breakdown, were watching the kick off for Monday night football. The camera pans in on the Eagles cheerleaders in their skimpy cheerleader outfits or as Wonderboy calls it their "swimsuits."
"Mom, I had a dream that I was a football player." "I was running on the field and got a touchdown." "The cheerleaders were so happy that I won that they hugged me because they liked me and I was in love."

He worries me that one. I'm not sure what to make of a 7 year old on the high end of the Spectrum who lusts after girls like he does. He was in a major phase of getting down on one knee and proposing to the little girls in his class. It's really embarrassing when he does it in the presence of the little girls mother. Then there was the phase at 5 or 6 when he would only cut out girls in bikinis out of magazines. How he finds these bikini clad girls in the Family Circle magazine I do not know.

Hopefully for now all these fantasies are just that dreams that will only be formed in his imagination and never followed through to come true, at least not until he's 30 and he's not open and willing to share his dreams with his mother. You know cause some things even a mother really just does not need to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I have girls! ;)

Stats

Blog Archive