Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Read Together

You would think with no children around I would be a blogging fool. I've actually been a little busy around here. I did decide to do a a quick post about the Read Together challenge with Jennifer at Jennifersnapshot. The idea is for you and your child to pick a book to read together or both read individually and discuss the book together.
I think this is a great idea and Gameboy and I have already been reading Hobbit from Katrina's challenge. He's about half way through. Sometimes he will read it to me or we switch off. If he reads it on his own then I have him tell me what the last chapter was about when we get together again.
He really loves to read and I think this one is a little more challenging then he thought so it's taking us a little longer to get through it. He loves the story and I know we'll make it before summer's over.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you're joining in!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I cannot keep up with all the books my kids read though ;)

(They are older ;) )

We sort of do this with Harry potter, because it is one book (set of books) that I had never read years ago that we are just getting into "together"

It is nice :)

Stats

Blog Archive