Wednesday, December 5, 2007

WFMW-Quick Easy Dinners


I haven't done a WFMW post in quite awhile and since this week's them is a recipe one, which is right up my alley. A working momma like myself is always a hundred yard dash and when you have less than 30 minutes to get home whip up dinner and head out the door again it can get a little crazy. That's why it's almost imperative that I have a menu plan. Of course there's always those days where I pencil in a question mark.and wing it. Here's a couple of my "wing it" recipes.

Bohemian Steak or Poor Mans Steak

A lb to lb and a half of ground hamburger
Cream of mushroom soup
A can of milk
2 tbsp of yellow mustard

Preheat oven to 350

Form beef into patties season with a little pepper and brown on both sides
While the beef is browning mix the mushroom soup, milk and mustard.
Place patties in a casserole pan and pour the soup concoction over the patties and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
I sometimes just pour it over the patties on the stove and let it simmer that way to.
I also boil up some egg noodles and serve the pattie and soup over noodles.

Chicken Fettuccine

2 McCormick packages of fettuccine
1 Package of Tyson frozen grilled chicken pieces (it's already cooked!)
Spaghetti noodles or if you're real fancy fettuccine noodles

Boil up a package of spaghetti noodles
Fix McCormick fettuccine according to directions (double the recipe since your using 2 packages)
Heat up the grilled chicken in the microwave.
Drain noodles pour on the sauce and throw in the chicken. Easy and delicious!

Check out more quick recipe ideas at Rocks In My Dryer
Stay tuned Friday for BooMama's soup carnival, I've got a few recipes up my sleeve for it as well.

No comments:

Stats

Blog Archive