Monday, May 4, 2009

The Simple womans Day Book

Oustside My Window: I'm longing for the sun to return again. We've gone for days with storms and gloom and it's really putting me in a funk.

I am hearing: A 4yr old boy making car sounds and crashing sounds. Music to my ears.

I am thinking: I've got to buck up and get stuff done today.

I am hoping: We signed up Game Boy and Bossy Boy for football. I'm stressing out about it. Game Boy has never played before but is dying to play. I know that he's going to be behind par for the course but the hubs believes it will be good for him and with time he'll do fine. (I'm hoping that he does fair well when the coaches see him for position selection.) Bossy Boy playing pee wee football seems adorable and yet I know he's the baby and will probably act like it at first. I'm hoping he will act big and not come crying to momma at every fall. I told the hubs I have no desire to watch them be sized up during position selection. I'm not sure how well I'm going to bare through this at first. A football mom, me? Mmm...

From The Kitchen;
Monday; Chicken Fried Rice
Tuesday; Burgers on the grill
Wednesday; Catfish
Thursday; Olive Garden Soup Recipe
Friday; Frozen Pizza

I'm now reading: I'm reading Little Women for my Classics Read challenge. At first I thought it was going to be too cheery and plum cheeks "oh marmee" full of to much sweet tooth achy goodness. It is, but my heart of stone has turned to mush and I'm enjoying it(yes I read it in high school but that was earth lifetimes ago). I should have it done by tonight and The Mysterious Benedict society awaits on hold for me at the library. Finally!
I just need to be reassured of something and hope you guys do the same. When I read a period piece such as this one, the way they talk runs through my head all the time and I almost feel compelled to speak the way they speak. I did the same with Red Tent and Thousand Splendid Suns, thinking in my mind I could speak Afgahni (whatever their language is, Arabic maybe?) and the foreign words stay in my brain like a song stuck in my head. This happens to you right? Just shake your head and nod.

I am creating: I'm thinking of doing an experiment, you know me and my crazy whims, well... I want to time how fast it really does take for my house to go from prim and properly clean to disaster. I'm thinking of documenting for your displeasure. I know, aren't you excited? Maybe we could place bets or something.

Around the house: Clean house and see how long it takes to go from mildly disheveled to complete chaos. Your probably saying wouldn't it be best to clean up when it gets to the mildly disheveled state, but what's the fun in that? I give it less than 8 hours.


One of my favorite things: Uhm lets see, winning 5th place in the kids photo entries at I heart faces is a start. Something I never thought I'd see. Being nominated for a Mom's Tweet The Darndest Things Contest. I knew Twitter would come in handy for some day. The weekend was a red letter day if I do say so myself. Reading almost all weekend due to the rainy days was also a fave of the past few days.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Signing up Bossy Boy for kindergarten (sniff), nothing else really interesting.

A Picture Thought: Just in case you forgot, here is the winning (in my book) 5th place shot.

1 comment:

shayla said...

Wow, that is a really cool picture! BTW, which olive garden soup is it? Give me the recipe, I love their soups!

Stats

Blog Archive