Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Because We Didn't Document The Ice

The boys have been out of school 2 days straight due to ice. My poor boys have been sheltered all these years and have never had the privilege to get an "ice" day before.
At first I couldn't drag them out. They didn't wanna go out, because it was to cold. Wah!
Then when they finally went out, they didn't want to come back in.

This is my oldest, my pride and joy until he does odd things, like drinking the melting ice coming from the rain gutter.
This is Michael Jackson Jr. He's demonstrating his moon walk. He claims it's much easier to do the moon walk on the ice. I think he still needs to work on his moves. Just for the record: I did not teach him how to do the moon walk, that burden lies on the shoulders of his father.
Yes, we are hillbilly rednecks that don't wear socks. I'm not proud of it, but it's in our nature.
The temperature got to the 40s by the afternoon. So most of it was pretty well melted except my patio and grill.
Were back to school tomorrow...at least we better, because the crazy train is leaving town and I'm about to hop on board.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got out of the house for a bit!

The Mom said...

I have lived in the West all my life, so I have never seen an ice storm. My hubby served an LDS mission in Indiana and tells of getting an extension cord to hook up the hair dryer to melt the ice enough so they could get into their car! I can't even imagine that! Here's hoping the kids are at school today!

Anonymous said...

That is nothing compared to the chaos up here! I'm hoping we begin to see some grass today. The boys have been out of school all week. It has been a blast. We bought a sled and went crazy!

Stats

Blog Archive